CMFB Chair and Vice-Chair
The CMFB elects its Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson from among the representatives of the EU Member States. Both are elected for a two-year term. If the Chairperson comes from a national central bank, the Vice-Chairperson must come from a national statistical office and vice versa.
The Chairperson for the period 2019-2020 is Andrea Brandolini (Banca d'Italia, Italia), the Vice-Chairperson is Gerard Eding (Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek, Netherlands).
CMFB Executive Body
The Executive Body consists of 12 members:
- Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and previous Chairperson of the Committee,
- three representatives of national central banks and national statistical institutes each,
- one member of a national central bank or national statistical institute, depending on the constituency of the previous Chairperson,
- European Commission (Eurostat),
- European Central Bank.
The Executive Body serves for the term of the Chairperson and is assisted by the Secretariat. Its main assignments are
- identifying issues arising from requests of users or suppliers of statistics and submit them to the Committee for consideration,
- preparing the CMFB plenary meetings (taking place normally twice per year),
- organising of written procedures in the course of consultations, and maintaining relations with other bodies.
Members of the CMFB Executive Body as from February 2018
Andrea Brandolini (Chairperson, Banca d'Italia, Italy, NCB)
Gerard Eding (Vice-Chairperson, Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek, Netherlands, NSI)
Agris Caune (Latvijas Banka, Latvia, NCB)
Alfredo Cristobal (Instituto Nacional de Estadistica, Spain, NSI)
Ursula Havel (Statistik Austria, NSI)
Robert Kirchner (Deutsche Bundesbank, Germany, NCB)
Francois Mouriaux (Banque de France, France, NCB)
The Deputy Director-General (Eurostat)
Germain Stammet (Banque centrale du Luxembourg)
Ville Vertanen (Tilastokeskus, Finland, NSI)
Caroline Willeke (European Central Bank, Directorate General Statistics)
Kirsten Wismer (Danmarks Statistik, Denmark, NSI)
The Secretariat of the CMFB is shared between the European Commission (Eurostat) and the Directorate General Statistics of European Central Bank.
The Secretariat's main responsibilities are the following:
- to assist the Chairperson in the performance of his duties;
- to draw up draft agendas for meetings;
- to provide operational support for meetings;
- to draw up the draft list of actions and main conclusions of Committee meetings;
- to organise a technical liaison between the Committee and other bodies;
- to keep the Committee's archives;
- to keep the Committee's web site up to date (under the direct responsibility of the Chairperson).